Cheryl is a Member in the firm’s Wealth Preservation Group. She represents individuals and families, business owners, healthcare facilities, corporate executives, foundations and other non-profit entities in matters relating to estate planning, asset protection, and elder law, including asset transfer strategies. Her practice includes advising LGBT clients on estate and family planning matters, including second parent adoption proceedings.
The scope of Cheryl’s practice includes the preparation of estate planning and trust documents, powers of attorney and health care directives, estate and trust administration, asset protection planning, and certain family law matters, including negotiation and drafting of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, guardianship proceedings, and second parent adoptions. In addition, Cheryl advises families on elder law issues, particularly planning for the costs of long term care and Medical Assistance (“Medicaid”). Cheryl also advises on charitable tax matters such as structuring complex charitable gifts, preparing charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts, and forming and administering non-profits and 501(c)(3) charities.
Cheryl is an adjunct professor in the graduate tax program at the University of Baltimore School of Law, and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers Magazine for 2016-2020.
Prior to joining PK Law, Cheryl was a paralegal and law firm administrator for nearly twenty years, working extensively in the fields of estate and charitable tax planning and providing family-office services to high-net worth individuals and their families.
Ms. Jones is available to present on estate planning topics. Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Baltimore, B.A., English, magna cum laude
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Baltimore County Bar Association
- Member, St. Agnes Hospital Foundation Development Committee
- Treasurer, Longford North Improvement Association
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Member, Chesapeake Planned Giving Council
- Member, Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
- Associate Member, Maryland Non-Profits
- Selected for inclusion in “Rising Stars” in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 – 2019
- Pre-Retirement Seminar – LifeBridge Health, Baltimore, Maryland – January, 2015, June, 2015, January, 2016, July, 2016, October, 2016, January, 2017, June, 2017
- Estate, Pre-Crisis & Medicaid Planning – ALS Support Group, John’s Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland – September, 2014, March, 2015, February, 2017
- Estate Planning and Elder Law Basics: Guiding Families in Crisis – Brightview Senior Living, Towson, Maryland – October, 2014, March, 2015, January, 2017
- Estate Planning 101 – Remax Advantage, Richardson LaGrant Group, Baltimore, Maryland – March 19, 2015
- Estate Planning Seminar and Expo (geared towards LGBT individuals) – PK Law, Towson, Maryland – October 8, 2015
- Planning for Long-term Care – Alzheimer’s Association, Sheraton Hotel, Towson, Maryland– May 6, 2016
- Protecting Yourself, Your Family, and Your Business Through (Estate) Planning – Women on the Move 2016, Associated Black Charities, Horseshoe Casino, Baltimore, Maryland – September 8, 2016
- Planning Ahead: Legal Issues When Caring for Persons with Dementia – Arden Courts Assisted Living, Towson, Maryland – October 18, 2016
- Estate & Retirement Planning Workshops – St. Agnes, Baltimore, Maryland – April 4, 2017
- Pre-Retirement Seminar for Maryland Association of Paralegals – Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, Maryland – April 4, 2017
- Elder Law Basics: Protecting Families in Need – Howard County General Hospital, Ellicott City, Maryland – April 27, 2017
- (Almost) Grown and Flown: Legal Considerations for Parents of College Age Students – July 19, 2017
- Estate Planning & Elder Care 101 – PK Law, Towson, Maryland – monthly