“We can’t praise Aidan enough for his professionalism and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an attorney.” James H. Moore III
Aidan Smith is an AV rated trial attorney who practices in the areas of general civil litigation, criminal defense and family law. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Baltimore School of Law where he graduated cum laude.
While in law school, Mr. Smith was a staff editor for the Journal of Environmental Law, a member of the International Environmental Moot Court team and a Rule 16 Attorney for the Office of the Public Defender.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A.
- AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in “Rising Stars” in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014 – 2019
- 2015 Washington D.C. and Baltimore Legal Leaders (Family Law, Criminal Law and Litigation)
- Fellow – Maryland Bar Foundation
- Successful defense of a Public Information Act lawsuit
- Real property litigation
- Misdemeanor charges in state courts (theft, assault, etc.)
- Felony charges in state courts (possession with intent to distribute Controlled dangerous substance, first degree assault, etc.)
- DUI/DWI/Drunk Driving administrative and criminal process
- Contested and uncontested divorces
- Separation agreements
- Granted dismissal of legal malpractice claim, in which the plaintiff sought $300,000.00 in damages
- Successfully obtained a 13 year reduction of a 25 year term of incarceration
- Obtained dismissal of a claim in which the Plaintiffs sought $455,000.00 in damages and the recovery of real property.
- Representation of a property before the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland.
- Representation of a business owner in an adverse possession action in the Circuit Court.
- Representation of a mortgage holder against a large financial institution.
- Civil representation of an employer against an embezzling employee.
- Obtained dismissal of defective concrete mix claims
- Obtained dismissal of wiretap charges
- Aesthetician malpractice
- Obtained dismissal of a personal injury case against a trucking company
- Obtained dismissal of a defamation claim against a Fortune 100 company in which the plaintiff sought in excess of $1,000,000
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case in which the plaintiffs sought to extinguish restrictive covenants
- Representation of a software developer in arbitration
AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell