An Outstanding Attorney for Merger Representation “It has been two years since Greg represented my CPA firm in a merger. Looking back I still appreciate the great job he did. First of all, he made the merger happen! He is the type of attorney who is a deal-maker, not a deal-breaker. On every level he did a great job. He is an excellent negotiator but knows when to let the client make the decision. His draftsmanship is excellent and his advice is sound. One piece of his advice generated over $100,000 into our pockets!” – Martin Davidoff, Client
“Greg and Ana represented us during the process of selling our long-term care companies. We were very impressed and grateful for the way Greg continually responded very quickly to the purchasing company’s changes in the agreements, protecting our best interests while also moving to close the deal as quickly as possible. Since the closing, we have continued to work with Greg and Ana. They both continue to be very responsive to our questions and any issues that have come up with the transfer of operations. They have helped move a very complicated process along as smoothly as possible while always protecting our best interests. We highly recommend Greg and Ana to represent anyone who would want to sell their business.” – John Burleigh and Brian Burleigh
“I have been fortunate enough to have known Greg professionally for many years, and I consider him to be one of my most highly valued colleagues. Greg is bright, insightful, and strategic — the very qualities that clients who hire a business lawyer most need. He is a highly accomplished attorney, and clients who choose to utilize his services will not be disappointed.”
“Greg is a terrific advocate for his clients.”
– Peer Reviews Martindale Hubbell
Greg Weiner practices in the areas of corporate and business law. In addition to his law degree, he received an LL.M. in Taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center.
He advises clients on business formation, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, financing, business disputes, and tax matters.
Greg’s clients are primarily in the healthcare and professional services industries. They include outpatient healthcare practices, urgent care companies, nursing homes, home healthcare companies, accounting and law firms, professional consulting companies, and technology services companies.
A significant portion of Greg’s practice is the representation of clients in mergers and acquisitions. He frequently represents companies being acquired in roll-up transactions and where there is a significant private equity investor on the buyer team.
Prior to practicing law, Greg was a physical therapist and managed several outpatient facilities.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware B.S. Major: Physical Therapy
- Maryland, 1998
- District of Columbia, 2008
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Esophageal Cancer Action Network, Pro Bono Counsel
- NSW Kids, Pro Bono Counsel
- The Little Things for Cancer, Pro Bono General Counsel
- AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Baltimore SmartCEO Legal Elite 2010, 2011, 2012
- SmartCEO, Power Players Award, 2014
- Selected “Best Lawyers in America” – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2024
- Blowing the Whistle: Application of the False Claims Act in Outpatient Medicine, 2 Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation, 11(2001)
- The OIG’s Quest for Fraud: The OIG Six State Review of Outpatient Rehabilitation, 7 Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation, 11 (2000)
- The Federal Bark and Bite: The Federal Anti-kickback Statute and its Application in Rehabilitation, 4 Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation, 9 (2000)
- Reverse Engineering as a Method of Achieving Compatibility in the Computer Industry, 6 U. BALT. INTELL. PROP. L. J., I (1997).
- Acquisition and selling of nursing homes in Maryland and in Pennsylvania;
- Acquisition and selling of home health care companies, outpatient medical and allied health care practices including medical, podiatry, dentistry, physical and speech therapy practices;
- Represent ExpressCare Urgent Care centers in its mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing, vendor and employee contracting matters, leasing and general corporate matters;
- Private placements representing the issuer in the following industries: real estate development, craft beer and spirits, software and technology;
- Representation of technology companies in their financing, development and operation of holding companies and licensing;
- A $60 million merger of 44 oil and gas limited partnerships with and into a single-member entity involving the redemption of approximately 10,000 investors (and drafting of the accompanying proxy statement);
- An intelligence community contractor’s acquisition by a larger defense contractor;
- A $110 million syndication of limited partnership interests for an oil and gas producer;
- A defense contractor’s acquisition of an intelligence community contractor;
- Private capital raising through convertible debt for an Internet-services company;
- A B2B technology company in private equity investment deals, the creation of its SaS (software-as-service) “click-wrap” licensing agreements and its incentive-compensation-based employment agreements;
- A medical research and technology company in its licensing and services agreement negotiations with a large medical and education institution;
- Corporate, partnership, and personal tax matters (including 501 (c) (3) corporations);
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (“HSR”) compliance.
AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell