Estate Planning 101 For Young Families – Why You Must Take Time to Start Your Estate Planning NOW!
As a young family you have many things on your mind and many things that keep you running at a record pace. You may think that you do not need estate planning until you acquire more assets, until your children are born, or you hit a certain other milestone. Join PK Law Estate Planning Attorney Kristy Bayus Williams to learn why it is so important to start your estate planning now.
- Are you kids protected? (beneficiary designations and setting up a family trust)
- Are your assets titled properly?
- Have you properly completed your beneficiary designations? (life insurance policies, retirement accounts, etc.)
- How can you assure that your social media platforms, digital photos, and other electronic assets are managed properly post-mortem?
- What are the crucial estate planning documents to have in place and where should they be housed? (e.g. will, power of attorney, and healthcare directive)
- The Legal Zoom Myth – Why is it important to complete your estate planning with a knowledgeable estate planning attorney? How you may be saving money on the front end, but your family will pay dearly in the event of your incapacity or death.